Mechanical Insulation Technician – No Experience Required
Zero Zone Inc
Posted On 11/14/2022
Who Are We?
Have you ever gone into a grocery store or convenience store for things like milk, bagged salads, or frozen pizza? The coolers and freezers you find those and other food products in are what we do!! Zero Zone is a manufacturer of reach-in and open refrigerated and frozen food display cases as well as the refrigeration systems that work behind the scenes to cool the cases, keeping the food fresh! We also make powerful industrial refrigeration systems for food warehousing, pharmaceuticals, and even ice rinks!
Our company is structured across 2 divisions – the Display Case Division, located in North Prairie, WI, Waukesha, WI, and Pewaukee, WI and the Refrigeration Systems Division, located in Ramsey, MN and now Dyersville, IA.
What Are We Like?
At Zero Zone, you will be a valued member of the Zero Zone team, able to take ownership of your own career path. We believe in hard work, teamwork, collaboration, and respect, and we have grown through dedication to our mission: “To exceed customer expectations through innovation, quality, and responsiveness.” For over 60 years, we have been a leader in refrigeration, and our people are well known for exceptional customer service. We also believe we are the COOLEST coworkers (pun intended)! This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the refrigeration industry with one of the top leading manufacturers in the country! Come grow with us!!
What Can We Offer You?
- Vacation and Personal Hours (after only 30 days!)
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, FSA, EAP)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Steel Toe Reimbursement
- Holidays parties, company lunches, and free coffee
- One-time Home Computer Reimbursement
- And more!
What Will You Do?
We need enthusiastic people for our facility in Dyersville, IA and are looking for Mechanical Insulation Technicians, like you, to join our team and grow with us! As an entry level Mechanical Insulation Technician, you will utilize an assortment of documents to insulate custom manufactured commercial and industrial refrigeration products in a production environment. We are looking for individuals with high mechanical aptitude, who are comfortable using hand/power tools and willing to learn and take directions. The Mechanical Insulation Technician determines required neoprene insulation type (foam insulation), thickness and diameter per project documentation. Configures, measures and cuts neoprene insulation to various lengths while utilizing various adhesive materials / methods. This is a hands-on position where candidates will receive on the training, guidance and direction from qualified personnel to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Review production completion schedules to prioritize projects
- Utilize insulation tools, such as tape measures and insulation cutting tools
- Works with neoprene insulation adhesives
- Responsible for maintaining insulation stocking levels
- Interact professionally with all departments, vendors and customers
- Maintain a positive work environment by consistently achieving goals and reinforcing the team approach
- Utilize various power and hand tools, MIG welding, metal grinding, forklift and/or crane operation, painting, and general material management
What Are We Looking For?
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of you in this position:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Manufacturing experience preferred but not a requirement
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, organized and positive warehouse environment
- Experience with hand tools, reading documentation (blueprints, written instructions/procedures), and measuring tools is required
- This position requires you to have mechanical aptitude and the ability to visualize finished product
- Additional attributes needed are detail and quality oriented, dependable and self-motivated
- Employee must regularly stand, walk, reach, stoop, lift, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 45 lb
Click here to check out our Mechanical Insulation Technician in action!!
Explore our website to learn more about Zero Zone and to view our highly engineered products. www.zero-zone.com