NP/PA Acute Care - Part Time
Posted On 05/29/2023
Medical Associates Clinic is seeking an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our Acute Care team located in our Dubuque, Iowa location. This position is part-time, working approximately 14 hours per pay period.
Medical Associates Clinic is a physician-owned multi-specialty group practice. Our 190+ providers and 900 healthcare professionals lead the way in providing quality healthcare in Northeast Iowa, Southwest Wisconsin and Northwest Illinois.
Why you should consider applying to this position:
- Wide variety of patients, diagnoses, and receive on-the-job-training
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Work with a strong team of physicians, APPs, and nursing staff
- Access to providers in our multispecialty clinic
- Connected to MercyOne ER
Schedule: Weekend shifts working 2/3 weekends including a holiday rotation.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Work within a collaborative physician relationship to provide specialized and advanced direct & indirect care.
- Provide direct medical care under the direction of supervising physician; including but not limited to: obtaining histories, physical exams, ordering and interpreting appropriate lab and x ray studies, establishing diagnosis, and initiating treatment plan. Provide patient education to promote wellness and support disease management process.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties as assigned.
Full-time providers will be eligible for a benefits package worth $35,000!
- Paid Time Off (accrue up to 29 days/year) + additional CEU time off and allowance
- Relocation reimbursement up to $5,000
- Health Insurance and Dental Coverage with discounted premium rates for wellness program participation
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay + additional annual Profit Sharing)
- Medical & Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
Knowledge & Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree and a professional certificate or a graduate degree. Must be a licensed ARNP or PA.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling - Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances
Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 pounds force constantly to move objects.
Environmental Conditions: Subject to Physical Hazards - Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.