Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner - Dubuque, IA
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
Posted On 12/16/2022
UnityPoint Health is actively recruiting for an Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner to join our team in Dubuque, IA.
Choose a career that matters at UnityPoint Health. At UnityPoint Health, we believe that our patient-centered vision and physician-driven philosophy, along with our one team approach, ensures every patient knows just how much they matter to this world. Commitment to our team has earned us recognition as a Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare and among America’s Best Employers By State in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. Come be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve. At UnityPoint Health, you matter.
For over 130 years, Finley Hospital has been an integral part of the greater Dubuque community. As the first hospital in Dubuque, Finley has a long tradition of providing compassionate, quality health care in the communities we serve. Finley grew from a physician–led residential facility to a 126-bed, fully accredited hospital, and now, to a regional healthcare system that includes not only hospital services, but clinic and home services as well.
- Established team of clinical support staff and a highly Experienced Nurse Practitioner
- Established practice serving the Dubuque community
- Opportunity to practice outpatient medicine in an established and well-known clinic
- Cohesive group of colleagues and supportive staff allowing for autonomy while building the practice according to your preferences
- Experienced staff, both clinical and non-clinical, who know the patients and the community
- Full-time position, including dedicated administrative time
- Schedule: 8a-5p Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; Wednesdays off
- Fully integrated system with clinics and hospitals on EPIC EMR to improve care coordination
- Average of 20 patients per day; no nights or weekends
- No call responsibility
- Ability to work as a team member to improve the health of the people and communities we serve
- Specialty skills include: DOT Physicals, return work physicals, initial injury visits, worker’s comp, laceration repair
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care
- Patient-focused, friendly and willing to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Nurse Practitioner
- Board Certified
- Occupational Health experience preferred
- Hold an unrestricted medical license in the state of Iowa
- Hold current and unrestricted state and federal authority to prescribe and administer medications as necessary or appropriate to the Advanced Practitioners field of practice
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Competitive compensation package
- A competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what stage of life you are in.
- Generous time off and CME allowance, malpractice insurance, retirement contributions and more
- Dedicated provider resources to positively impact providers work-life balance
- Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, including a free third-party service for loan restructuring and consolidation.
- A commitment to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Support and development opportunities that are a crucial part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- A culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what’s right for the people we serve.
The community of Dubuque has grown into a city with small-town roots. Dubuque is a progressive and welcoming community poised to continue its impressive growth. Residents enjoy a hassle-free commute, safe neighborhoods, unique establishments, delectable cuisine and top-ranked schools – all of which contribute to a quality of life that’s energetic, inviting and distinctively Dubuque .
Please contact Drew Birdsall, Physician and Provider Recruiter, at 515-471-9761 or Andrew.Birdsall@UnityPoint.org
- Area of Interest: Advanced Practice Nursing and Physician Assistants;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.8;
- Department: Occupational Health - Physi;
- Shift: 8;
- Job ID: 125472;