Occupational Therapist (Orthopedic)
Unified Therapy Services
Posted On 05/26/2023
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates and treats orthopedic occupational therapy patients in accordance with Iowa licensure laws
- Assesses patient and determines appropriate treatment model, method and approach to direct the process of interventions and completes treatment plan using approved evaluation documents.
- Apply interventions to maximize safety and performance in activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL)
- Trains individuals in skills and techniques required for participation in activities and evaluates individual’s functional progress.
- Teach patients new ways of approaching tasks and educate them on how to break down activities into achievable components
- Recommend, design, and/or construct adaptive equipment and train in its use
- Recommend adaptation of individuals work or living environment to maximize independence
- Guide and educate family members and caregivers
- Prepares necessary documentation including evaluations, progress notes, discharge notes and logs in timely manner according to regulations.
- Consults with other members of rehabilitation team to select treatment programs consistent with needs and capabilities of individual and to coordinate comprehensive services delivery.
- Supervise the COTA’s in accordance with state regulations
- Supervise rehab techs and students
$1,500 Sign-on Bonus
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Thursday 7am-6pm and Friday 7am-2pm