Operations Internship (Sun Prairie, WI)
Colony Brands, Inc.
Posted On 02/23/2023
We have two Operations Internships - The Assistant Supervisor – Receiving/Warehouse Internship and the Assistant Fulfillment Supervisor Internship.
Both Internships will begin in June and end in December 2023. We have positions on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift.
What You’ll Do:
Assistant Supervisor Interns will work with the Assistant Managers on the coordination of daily flow of in/outbound materials throughout the facility. You will be responsible for meeting daily production needs throughout the facility. In addition, you will be responsible for:
The Assistant Supervisor – Receiving/Warehouse Internship
• Monitors production of single item and miscellaneous shipments by meeting with the receiving leads
• Supervises the completion of quality control inspections
• Train, direct and delegate to temporary employees
The Assistant Fulfillment Supervisor Internship
• Monitoring department and employee production rates
• Investigating problems pertaining to running the line
• Delegating and directing temporary employees
What It Takes:
This role requires highly driven individuals with the ability to give clear and concise instructions with a strong knowledge of supervisory procedures and concepts. Ideally you will be working towards a Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Supply Chain Logistics, Production or Operations Management, Industrial Technology Management, Business Management, General Management or related majors. In addition, we are looking for:
• Junior or Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
• Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Able to communicate effectively with a variety of personality types
• Ability to effectively motivate temporary employees
• Bilingual proficiency preferred (English/Spanish)
This position is not eligible for remote work and would require you to work onsite at our Sun Prairie Fulfillment Center in Sun Prairie, WI for the duration of your internship.
Please note this position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America's largest, multi-channel, direct-marketing companies. The company maintains an extensive portfolio of affiliates, brands, and products ranging from cheese and petit fours to apparel and kitchen appliances, while maintaining its roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI. We're financially sound, yet our success is not just defined by our profits; it's about living our Core Values, giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work! To that end, Colony Brands generously supports the communities we work in and offer many benefits and programs that support the well-being of our employees.
- Paid Opportunities - This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Relocation/Housing – $1,000.00 to assist with housing costs for students relocating/coming from more than 50 miles away to their work site.
- Employee Discounts - Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 45% to 50% off.
- Time Off - We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Gym Membership Reimbursements - Receive up to $50 per month toward a gym membership at local YMCA/YWCAs.
- Health Insurance - Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Business Casual Dress Code - Jeans are allowed year-round!
- Performance Updates - We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training - We provide all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- R. Kubly Family Foundation - The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details