Optometrist - Excellent Pay! Multispecialty Group!
Posted On 05/29/2023
Medical Associates Clinic based out of Dubuque, Iowa is seeking an Optometrist to join their team. The Department of Ophthalmology includes 6 ophthalmologists and 4 optometrists.
Medical Associates Clinic is a physician owned multi-specialty group practice. Our 100+ physicians and 900 health care professionals lead the way in providing quality healthcare in Northeast Iowa, Southwest Wisconsin and Northwest Illinois. www.mahealthcare.com
This is a full-time, Monday through Friday position. No weekend or on-call responsibilities. As an Optometrist, you will work in IA, WI, and IL. Ideal candidate will have contact lens training or open to learning.
Compensation: First Year Compensation Package starting at $150,000 plus incentives
Full-time providers will be eligible for a benefits package worth $35,000!
- Paid Time Off (accrue up to 29 days/year) + additional CEU time off and allowance
- Relocation reimbursement up to $5,000
- Health Insurance and Dental Coverage with discounted premium rates for wellness program participation
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay + additional annual Profit Sharing)
- Medical & Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
Details of the Practice:
- The Department provides comprehensive eye care to the Tri-State region of Northeast Iowa, Northwest Illinois and Southwest Wisconsin.
- Department Clinics include the main location in Dubuque, Iowa and satellite clinics in Platteville, Wisconsin and Galena, Illinois. The Department provides additional outreach clinics in Elkader and Dyersville, Iowa.
- The Department includes Comprehensive, Retina, Glaucoma, Cornea, Oculo-plastics, Optical, Contact lens and Pediatric and Adult Strabismus Services.
- Laser refractive surgery is performed in the department.
- Technology includes onsite CT and MRI with radiology support, digital angiography, high definition ocular coherence tomography, wave front instrumentation, ophthalmic ultrasound, Optos fundus photography, Pentacam, endothelial cell counter, automated and manual perimetry, and electronic medical record system.
- Independent provider of eye care including external and internal exams, refraction, bio microscopy, indirect opthalmoscopy. Diagnose eye conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, retinal disorders. Diagnose systemic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. Treat eye conditions such as near and far sightedness, astigmatism, presbyopia, glaucoma and external eye diseases. Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, low vision aids and medicines to treat eye diseases.
- Communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and others. Promote patient wellness and provide patient education.
- Oversee ophthalmic assistants and opticians as needed.
- Collaborate with health care team according to plan of care. Document care provided, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment and patient education.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties as needed according to department protocols.
Dubuque Community Overview:
Dubuque, Iowa: Located along the scenic wooded bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River, Dubuque is a beautiful city with one of the finest school systems in the country. The City has won many national awards including Kiplinger’s “10 Great Places to Live”, Forbes “Best Small Places for Business and Careers” and Forbes “#1 Best Small City to Raise a Family”. A full list of the awards can be found on the City of Dubuque website at: http://cityofdubuque.org/73/Awards
The Dubuque area offers something for everyone: two of the best down-hill ski resorts in the Midwest, miles of hiking, biking and cross country skiing trails, a talented local symphony, the Smithsonian-affiliated National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium, excellent community theatre, farmer’s market, boating, and extensive programs, sports and events for children. www.traveldubuque.com and www.biglifesmallcity.com
With a population of 70,000 and a drawing base area of over 250,000, Dubuque is a city where the simple pleasures and modern conveniences of life are balanced. Dubuque is a little over a one hour drive from both Madison and Iowa City, and is only three hours from Chicago.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience/Education: Equivalent to a college degree and a professional certificate or a graduate degree. Active IA, WI, and IL licenses.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 pounds force constantly to move objects.
Subject to Physical Hazards - Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.