Outpatient Pharmacy Tech TIS Coordinator - FT
Posted On 12/15/2023
Under the general direction of the director, coordinates the hospital’s interface with pharmacy information technology, both within and outside of the pharmacy department. Serves as a resource for staff members and is responsible for working with the department to develop and implement efficiencies related to technology. Also serves as a representative for MMC Dubuque to Trinity Health Corporate regarding information technology needs and functionality.
Your best life. Our one purpose.
At MercyOne, we own our actions to achieve our larger goals. We invest in great people and ask that you make each experience your responsibility.
What we offer:
We care about your well-being, both physical and mental, which is why our benefit package includes:
- Wellness programs
- Education reimbursement
- Personalized health insurance plans including dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Long- and short-term leave
- Retirement planning
- Life insurance coverage
What you will do:
- Adheres to the principles of caring and expected behaviors outlined in Mercy Medical Center's Model of Caring and Trinity Health's Code of Conduct, fostering a climate where all customers are treated in a manner consistent with Mercy Medical Center's Mission and Values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health’s Organizational Integrity Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Maintains pharmacy information systems and automated technology.
- Coordinates and assists the Pharmacy Department with inventory and supply management.
- Tests and verifies software releases and enhancements prior to installation in the production environment. Coordinates the efforts of department staff in verifying the software.
- Develops and revises policies and procedures assuring compliance with regulatory agency standards as they apply.
- Provides training materials and/or in-service programs for pharmacy-related applications.
- Coordinates/ensures accuracy of interfaces with pharmacy systems.
- Monitors hardware preventive maintenance, maintains pharmacy computer equipment, and troubleshoots problems. Determines and documents the cause of errors.
- Provides for proper storage of pharmacy records maintained on automated systems.
- Demonstrates organizational skills that allow appropriate prioritization of tasks and completion of assignments within the specified timeframe.
- Identifies/implements changes or improvements to systems and processes that positively affect efficiency, effectiveness, service, or quality of department IS applications.
- Maintains and enhances the pharmacy inter/intranet sites and databases ensuring data quality. Develops and generates reports needed to facilitate patient care/department goals.
- Work closely with patient accounts to correct and verify pharmacy charges.
- Demonstrates commitment to the pharmaceutical care team as reflected in the team values.
- Supports and abides by all Mercy Medical Center departmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Acts in a professional manner reflecting the mission, philosophy and values of Mercy Medical Center.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by the Supervisor, Mercy Pharmacy.
- Demonstrates specific customer focused behaviors.
- Demonstrates activity to impact change within your departments, with other departments, and within the Community Health Care System.
- Promotes and establishes effective relationships within the department, with other departments, physicians, and with hospital guest and clients.
- Takes an active role in enhancing abilities to carry out job functions through personal and professional/job-related growth and development.
- Have a functional understanding of the inpatient pharmacy operations by training and being certified as a pharmacy technician.
- Communicates with staff.
What we are looking for:
- AA degree in computer technology required. Pharmacy experience is desired.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Information systems/PC knowledge and experience required.
- Pharmacy technical experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to make sound, independent decisions.
- Must have a strong interest in computer/automated technology.
- Must have the skill to prioritize assignments and delegate duties, as appropriate.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with other hospital personnel, vendors, and service personnel.
- Must be able to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Maintain a professional, collaborative work environment so as to foster a positive public image for Mercy Medical Center.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information (i.e. HIPAA, Stark, etc.).
- Provide a high level of customer responsiveness and serve as a role model to encourage a commitment to customer service. A strong service orientation is required.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple tasks and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Must demonstrate the ability to exercise fair and professional judgment in dealing with pharmacy’s internal and external customers.
- Ability to exercise considerable tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and confidential information.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate to people across all levels and diverse backgrounds; ability to handle interactions with discretion, tact and courtesy.
- Must be able to gather information and complete analysis then document findings and recommendations.
- Ability to prepare/review/analyze records, reports, purchase orders, and requisitions, etc. in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to make decisions based on known parameters.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and function in an environment with multiple stress factors.
- Must be competent in computer skills needed to perform purchasing.
- Willingly accepts personal responsibility for decisions, actions, attitudes and behaviors that contribute to the overall effectiveness of the organization. Communicates effectively, follows through on assignments, uses resources efficiently, participates in learning opportunities and treats others with respect and dignity.
- May be required to increase/decrease work schedule and/or vary hours depending on the needs of the department.
MercyOne Eastern Iowa provides exceptional, personalized care to Dubuque, Dyersville, Elkader, Clinton and surrounding areas providing more than 300 licensed beds. MercyOne Eastern Iowa operates four medical centers in Dubuque, Elkader, Dyersville and Clinton. Our facility in Clinton has branches in DeWitt, Fulton and Morrison specializing in family medicine and Savanna Home Health & Hospice Care based in Illinois.
- MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center
- MercyOne Dyersville Medical Center
- MercyOne Elkader Medical Center
- MercyOne Clinton Medical Center
With a history dating back more than 130 years, MercyOne Eastern Iowa has grown through expansions, acquisitions and consolidations to help provide exceptional, personalized care to our communities. Our four medical centers employ over 2,000 colleagues and medical staff improving access and creating an even higher level of care coordination to benefit patients and communities throughout the region.
We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the gospel, as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
Our Core Values:
- Commitment to Those Who are Poor
- We will be the most trusted health partner for life.
As a Trinity Health colleague, I will:
- Listen to understand.
- Learn continuously.
- Keep it simple.
- Create solutions.
- Deliver outstanding service.
- Own and speak up for safety
- Expect, embrace and initiate change.
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork.
- Trust and assume good intentions.
- Hold myself and others accountable for results.
- Communicate directly with respect and honesty.
- Serve every person with empathy, dignity and compassion.
- Champion diversity, equity and inclusion.
- We Listen.
- We Partner.
- We Make it Easy.
MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is one of the largest not-for-profit, Catholic healthcare systems in the nation. Built on the foundation of our Mission and Core Values, we integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. Our colleagues have different lived experiences, customs, abilities, and talents. Together, we become our best selves. A diverse and inclusive workforce provides the most accessible and equitable care for those we serve. Trinity Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by law.