PAINT & PREP
Engineering Services and Products Company (FarmTek)
Posted On 01/13/2023
Summary The person in this position reports to the Manufacturing Fabrication Manager, and is responsible for cleaning and/or painting manufactured parts, loading and/or unloading the carousel as necessary, and other tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Move material from storage locations to/from cleaning or painting stations for cleaning or other production operations.
- Clean items according to specific part requirements. This includes removal of oil, grease welding impurities, slag, etc. to allow paint to adhere sufficiently. Move completed items from the carousel line or paint booth to storage locations as necessary.
- Paint items according to specific part requirements. Move items to/from the paint location, then touchup if necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of company inventory control and associated administrative policies and procedures
- Knowledge of general material handling practices and safety procedures
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists, and lifting equipment
- Ability to operate and clean a paint gun after use
- Ability to operate hand tools such as grinders or sanders
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Skill in cleaning, prepping, and painting techniques
Education and/or Experience
High School or Equivalent
Ability to read and interpret instructions, experience with material handling equipment and paint spraying equipment, communication skills appropriate for the job, and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
This job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking, sitting, heavy lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and squatting.
This job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions both inside and outside.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resource systems and Payroll systems.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Certification in forklift operation, and safety policies and procedures