Part-time Scheduled Personal Assistant – Work That Works
Hills & Dales
Posted On 01/13/2023
Position: Part-time Scheduled Personal Assistant (DSP)
Pay: 16.00 – 21.00 per hour
Shift Information: Flexible hours anywhere between 30 – 130 hours per month, shifts vary pending your availability to work around school schedule and activities. Provide a monthly calendar. Shift and Weekend Differentials apply.
Position Description: Personal Assistants (DSP) work directly with people with intellectual or developmental disabilities, which may include physical disabilities with the aim of assisting them in a self-directed life including activities of daily living when needed, and encouraging attitudes and behaviors which enhance community inclusion. Personal Assistant may provide supports to a person with a disability at home, work, school, church, and other community places. Personal Assistant also acts as an advocate for the individual, in communicating their needs, self-expression and goals.
- Ensure the safety and health of the residents or clients.
- Support residents or clients with activities of daily living which include personal & oral hygiene, bathing/showers, dressing, and other personal tasks.
- Assist as needed with meals and meal preparation, this may include shopping with the individual(s) for groceries.
- Assist residents or clients with housekeeping tasks as necessary, cleaning, dishes, vacuuming.
- Assist residents and clients with physical supports &/or adaptive equipment, i.e., transferring/lifting from wheelchair.
- Help plan and assist residents or clients’ activities at home or out in the community.
- Pending program assigned, may assist with the transportation of residents or clients to appointments or community activities, this would be dependent on a valid driver’s license, if driving was required.