Patient Access Representative – Full Time – Nights
Posted On 06/17/2022
Position Location: Emergency Room
Position Hours: 8:00PM to 6:00 AM
Every other weekend
Starting base pay: $15.00 per hour
Night Shift Differential: +$4.00 per hour
*when working weekends, earn an extra $1.00 per hour on top of the night shift differential!
The Patient Access Representative responsibilities include:
- Greets patients/family members
- Obtains and/or verifies demographic, clinical, financial and insurance information in the process of registering patients for service delivery.
- Enters patient/guarantor information in the patient accounting system
- Collects patient signatures on all appropriate forms
- Imaging/copying of registration documents.
- Obtains and processes signed physician orders
- Conducts online insurance eligibility/benefit verification on designated cases
- Notifies patient/guarantor and collects patient liabilities
- Refers appropriate cases to financial counseling for follow-up and consultation.
- May provide escort and directional support to patients, family members and visitors.
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Associate degree preferred but not required.
- Past work experience of at least (6) six months within a physician office, hospital or clinic environment, performing registration activities or an insurance company, performing payer activities are highly desired but not required.
- Working required Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) credentials by the National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) is also preferred but not required.