Pediatric Psychologist (PhD/PsyD) - Multispecialty Group Practice, Beautiful City!
Posted On 05/29/2023
Medical Associates Clinic, located in Dubuque, Iowa, is seeking an outpatient child clinical Pediatric Psychologist (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) to join our Pediatric Psychology practice in the Pediatrics department!
- Pediatric Psychologists provide outpatient psychological services to children and adolescents from birth through high school with a variety of emotional/behavioral, developmental, and learning problems and their families.
- The Pediatric Psychology offices and practice are housed in the Pediatrics department with access to other brain health providers in the Department of Psychiatry and Psychology.
- Utilization of shared electronic medical records provides whole-patient care across primary care & multidisciplinary specialist team.
- Provide individual and family psychological services to children, adolescents and their families, including diagnostic assessment and psychotherapy.
- Perform diagnostic psychological evaluations/testing of cognitive, academic and emotional/behavioral functioning and suspected learning problems.
- Produce complete, accurate, timely progress notes and psychological evaluation reports in the electronic medical record (EMR) shared across Medical Associates Clinic P.C. multispecialty group practice.
- Participate in meetings, administrative tasks, and any other assigned projects and duties.
Experience and/or Willingness to Receive Additional Training Preferred in the Following Areas:
- Treatment of Anxiety/Depression including suicidality and self-harm
- Emotional/Behavioral issues in preschool and early elementary age children
- Developmental problems such as toileting issues
- ADHD including school-related issues
- Diagnostic evaluation of Autism Spectrum Disorder, including training in administering the ADOS
- LGTBQ issues
- Assessment and treatment of disordered eating behaviors and obesity
- Very competitive base salary
- Sign-on bonus, relocation assistance
- Generous productivity-based bonus potential in addition to base pay
Benefits Package is Worth $35,000+ and includes:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) Program (accrue up to 29 days off/year) + additional CEU paid time off and CEU financial allowance
- Health Insurance and Dental Coverage with discounted premium rates
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay + additional annual Profit Sharing)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage, Short Term Disability Coverage, Employee Assistance Program
Medical Associates Clinic Overview:
- Area’s most comprehensive mental health team of Psychologists and Psychiatrists
- Over 180 providers with about 1,100 total staff make up the area’s leading healthcare provider and only multispecialty group practice
- 26 specialty departments with two Dubuque campus locations and 9 Family Care Network clinics in IA, WI and IL
- Recognition includes MGMA “Better Performing Groups” and U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Health Plans”
- Learn more at mahealthcare.com
Dubuque, Iowa Community Overview:
- Beautiful city overlooking the Mississippi River with a population of 70,000 and a drawing base of up to 250,000
- Centrally located with one-hour driving distance to Madison and Iowa City, and only three hours to Chicago
- Community & Entertainment: great restaurants, local breweries & wineries, miles of hiking & biking trails, museums and performing arts, live music and festivals, boat/kayak access, nearby downhill skiing, networking groups for all ages and interests!
- Schools & Family: outstanding public and private schools, lots of family-centered activities throughout the year, programs for just about every extracurricular--sports/arts/music/social
- Housing & Living: several options including downtown city lofts, restored single family homes, nearby suburbs in the country, townhouses centrally located *Cost of living 9% lower than national average
- Learn more at traveldubuque.com and www.biglifesmallcity.com
Experience: Experience with children, adolescents, and families! Candidates with clinical pediatric experience are welcome to apply!
Education: Equivalent to a Doctorate degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) from an accredited institution. Candidates must be eligible to be on the National Register for Health Service Psychologists (NRHSP), licensed or license eligible in Iowa and potential to be listed on the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology.
Other Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills. Values providing compassionate, collaborative, competent care to their patients. Willingness to obtain additional training/certifications as needed or to develop new services.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Environmental Conditions: None - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.