Personal Assistant - Day Program HCBS
Hills & Dales
Posted On 12/04/2023
Personal Assistant (Direct Support Professional - DSP) Home & Community Based Services DayHab
Full-time positions currently available with rotating weekends & rotating holidays.
The Personal Assistant is responsible for helping to build meaningful lives for the adults we serve and for enhancing the quality of their lives. This is accomplished through the implementation of person centered planning, individual goals, promoting development of life skills, community integration & self-assuring experiences in a manner that is consistent with the policies and procedures of Hills and Dales.
This is a great opportunity to have an impact on someone's life and build your career supporting adults with intellectual and physical disabilities.
Applicants must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Free of a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid driver's license with proof of insurance, if required.
- One year of direct support experience in a formal support provision setting and/or CNA preferred.
- Within 6 months of employment must become certified in QBS (if required), CPR/First Aide & maintain these certifications.
- Within 6 months of employment complete medication manager certification and maintain certification.
- Within 6 months of employment complete at least 9.5 hours of training in supporting clients identified in the Iowa Administrative Codes
- Continue required on-going annual training as identified in Iowa Administrative Code.
Wage: Starts at $17/hour, plus:
- Weekend differential rates of $ 3.00 per hour Saturday/Sunday
- 2nd shift differentials of $ 2.00 additional per hour between 2:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday to Sunday
- 3rd shift differentials of .50 cents additional per hour between 10:00pm - 6:00am
Additional pay for 1 or more years work experience in HCBS setting.
Additional pay for 2 or more years work experience in behavioral setting.
Additional pay for college related education for AA or BS/BA; or CMA/CNA Certifications as well.