Phlebotomist (No Experience Required!) - Full-Time or Part-Time
Posted On 11/29/2022
Are you ready to work with patients in a fast paced, exciting environment? Medical Associates is hiring Phlebotomists to work in our laboratory! We have hours available in our phlebotomist area that offers schedule flexibility and on-the-job training - no experience required!
Who You Are:
- Eager to learn
- Enjoy working at a fast pace
- Excellent time management
- Able to multi-task with high attention to detail
- Always willing to go above and beyond to provide outstanding patient care.
Schedule: The phlebotomy department covers hours Monday -Friday ranging from 6:30am – 5:30pm, Saturday rotation of 8am - 5pm and/or Sunday rotation of 7am - 5pm.
Location: Shifts will rotate being scheduled at the East and West Campus Lab departments.
Competitive pay with benefits package (full-time positions) worth $20,000!
- Single or Family Health Insurance with discounted premium rates for wellness program participation.
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay + additional annual Profit Sharing
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program (24 days off/year)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage, Short Term Disability Coverage, Dental Insurance, etc.
- Collect laboratory specimens from patients of all age groups and instruct patients for special laboratory testing.
- Perform venipuncture, arterial punctures and capillary finger sticks or heel sticks punctures; collect other laboratory specimens; instruct patients of all ages on collections of laboratory specimens, and properly identify and label laboratory specimens.
- Access and create patient orders, and perform data entry of laboratory test results.
- Provide backup for receptionist duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: From three months to one year of similar or related experience. On-the-job training provided!
Education: Equivalent to a high school diploma or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information that may require some discussion.
Medical Associates keeps a close eye on the COVID-19 pandemic and all related national, state, and local guidance related to vaccination, masking, and the mitigation of disease spread.
Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Repetitive Motions - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Environmental Conditions: None - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.