Primary CMA/LPN/RN - Multi-Specialty Clinic (Full-time)
Grand River Medical Group
Posted On 09/18/2023
Position is for the Multi-Specialty Clinic location
Grand River Medical Group is seeking a dependable and organized Certified Medical Assistant or nurse (RN/LPN) to work within our Multi-Specialty Clinic. You will be expected to work independently in a fast-paced environment while providing patient-centered, high-quality healthcare. This includes rooming patients, taking vitals, reviewing medication histories and overall clinical nurse duties.
The ideal candidate would be a team player who is self-motivated and efficient. You will be responsible for prioritizing your workload and being able to multi-task while continuing to provide an exceptional patient experience.
This is a full-time position, 35-40 hours per week. This position is typically 4 days per week with no evening or weekend requirements. All nursing positions have the ability to pick up shifts at other clinic locations as desired. Grand River Medical Group's clinics are typically open from 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare patients for clinician office visit: greet and escort patient to exam room, obtain vitals, update medications and allergies in the electronic medical record. Explain procedures appropriate to visit.
- Provide nursing care by using the nursing process and nursing theory in assessing the patient's general condition in making a clinical decision.
- Assist clinician with examinations, diagnostic procedures, and treatment.
- Provide direct patient care as directed.
- Document accurately in all areas of the electronic medical record.
- Communicate to patient test results and return phone calls in a timely manner.
- Complete prior authorizations as needed.
- Responsible to float through the organization and department based on the need of the organization/department and skill set the CMA/nurse has been signed off on to perform.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited medical assistant program or school of nursing for Licensed Practical Nurses or Registered Nurses.
- One year of Medical Assistant or professional nursing experience preferred.
- Must be a certified Medical Assistant, LPN or RN with an active certification/license to practice in the state of Iowa.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
We offer: A competitive hourly wage plus a very attractive benefits package including vacation, generous company provided benefits, and much more.
Grand River Medical Group is an independent physician owned practice located in Dubuque, IA. We provide a wide range of healthcare services from primary care to subspecialty care for adults and children. We currently employ over 300 team members who help support the practices and clinical operations of over 65 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistant clinics, our urgent care network, and four dialysis units located in Iowa (Manchester and Dubuque) and Wisconsin (Platteville and Richland Center).
Grand River Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.