Product Development Engineer Iowa
Sedona Staffing Services
Posted On 10/04/2022
Product Development Engineer
$100,000 - $120,000 / year
Our client is a leader in molded fiber packaging, and they need a Product Development Engineer who is responsible for translating customer needs, ideas and requirements into functional prototypes and/or finished products, from concept though manufacturing integration.
The Product Development Engineer collaborates with internal and external customers to create solutions that can be successfully executed through manufacturing while meeting or exceeding performance and cost targets. The scope will involve creation of 2D or 3D design and electronic model in CAD software, tool fabrication oversight, validation and manufacturing integration.
- Collaborate with customer, define project scope, expectations, and requirements; lead design reviews; and support product validations.
- Interface with Customer, Sales, Manufacturing at two locations and Engineering team members.
- Create 2D/3D product designs, including electronic CAD models in SolidWorks, ensuring that designs align with factory capabilities, capacity and core competencies
- Conduct product design reviews with customers, internally and with suppliers
- Create multi-cavity product design info in SolidWorks to facilitate tool design and fabrication
- Develop & participate in manufacturing process development
- Create manufacturing work instructions and process control documentation
- Work with manufacturing in the realization on continuous improvement projects
- Support problem resolution, determining root cause with effective documentation and countermeasure planning based on engineering disciplines.
- Coordinate/conduct product validation testing including dimensional documentation.
- Participate in new technology investigations
- Coordinate and drive multiple projects per required schedule and budget.
- Establish personal development need and execution schedule for learning.
- BS degree in Engineering or a technical discipline.
- Experience using SolidWorks CAD software creating detailed 2D/3D design drawings and models for consumer-based products and ability to read and understand a CAD/blueprint drawing.
- 3 years designing products in SolidWorks, fluency in CAD software
- Understand and use of SolidWorks PDM (product data management) system
- Identify potential manufacturing issues inherent to a product design or fabricated tooling
- Expertise with MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint. Epicor and Mastercam experience a plus.
- Knowledgeable of tool construction and fabrication techniques a plus.
- Prioritize, drive and coordinate multiple projects along with day to day manufacturing support
- Strong sense of urgency, balanced with a high level of detailed thoroughness.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team and influence others to provide timely project input/out.
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal collaboration with peers, suppliers and customers
- Analytical problem solving skills, assess a situation, establish possibly solutions and execute a best possible option. Ability to think quickly, employ sound judgement, take timely action.
- Travel of 20% based on need
Interested in learning more? Please share a copy of your professional resume with Amanda@careerpros.com