PRODUCTION WORKER 1ST SHIFT
Engineering Services and Products Company
Posted On 05/17/2023
A person in the position usually reports to an area supervisor, who reports to the Manufacturing ClearSpan Manager. A Covers Operator 1 is an entry level position and will be responsible for measuring, cutting and/or moving material for fabrication according to design drawings or work orders. This person will be responsible for quality control and getting the items ready for shipment to the customer in a timely fashion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up all tools, appliances, machines, fixtures and materials needed to fabricate the assigned product.
- Review work order for instructions and/or special requirements.
- Measure, cut, and/or move materials into position for fabrication according to design drawings and work order instructions.
- Inspect all work done for overall quality and identify any errors.
- Ability to learn the heat-sealing process.
- Correct any errors or rework as necessary.
- Prepare finished product for next transfer or shipment.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Adhere to all safety and OSHA regulations.
- Assist in all fabric operations
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge of corporate production methods and safety procedures
- Ability to read blueprints, work instructions and read a tape measure
- Ability to use tools safely and effectively
- Ability to handle production raw materials
- Skilled in using tools and equipment
- Skilled in following directions
- Skilled in problem solving
- Must have communication skills appropriate for the job
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Due to safety concerns individuals that are pregnant, adolescent or have a pacemaker cannot work on the machines
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Forklift Certification a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to read and follow blueprints, interpret drawings and read a tape measure.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fluctuating temperatures indoors from cooler to warmer temps. The environment can be dry, dusty, humid, cold or hot indoors and outdoors. ,