Psychologist (Ph.D or Psy.D.) - General, Pediatric - open to different areas of focus!
Posted On 12/06/2023
Medical Associates Clinic, located in Dubuque, Iowa, is seeking an outpatient Psychologist (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) to join our well-established, thriving multidisciplinary practice in the Department of Psychiatry & Psychology!
- Full-time generalist position primarily consists of individual outpatient assessment and psychotherapy, with occasional opportunities for inpatient consultation
- Open to exploring different areas of interest (pediatrics/adolescents, adults, etc.)
- Provide outpatient psychological services, including diagnostic assessment and psychotherapeutic intervention
- Consult with other providers within and outside the Department of Psychiatry and Psychology
- Produce complete, accurate, timely progress notes and psychological evaluation reports in the EMR
- Participate in meetings and complete all other assigned projects and administrative tasks
- Additional roles may include therapy addressing relationship or family concerns, group therapy, psychological assessment, cognitive testing, and/or inpatient consultation to medical and psychiatric units, dependent upon individual areas of interest, experience, and competence
- First year compensation package includes very competitive starting base salary of $100K for new full-time Psychologists (higher base compensation with experience)
- 10,000 sign-on bonus, relocation assistance
- Generous productivity-based bonus potential in addition to base pay – averages around 15-25% of base pay (once eligible)
Benefits Package is Worth Over $35,000 and Includes:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) Program (accrue up to 29 days off/year) + additional CEU paid time off
- Annual CEU allowance
- Health Insurance and Dental Coverage with discounted premium rates
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay + additional annual Profit Sharing)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage, Short Term Disability Coverage, Employee Assistance Program
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week (salaried) with minimum 85% open for patient contact. The department is open Monday through Friday daytime hours – no nights, weekends or call!
Medical Associates Clinic Overview:
- Area’s most comprehensive team of Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Therapists, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioners, and supportive nursing and office staff
- Utilization of shared electronic medical records for whole-patient care across primary care & multidisciplinary specialist team
- Over 180 providers and 1,100 staff make up the area’s leading healthcare provider and only multispecialty group practice
- 26 specialty departments with two Dubuque campus locations and 9 Family Care Network clinics in IA, WI and IL
- Recognition includes MGMA “Better Performing Groups” and U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Health Plans”
- Learn more at mahealthcare.com
Dubuque, Iowa Community Overview:
- Beautiful city overlooking the Mississippi River with a population of 70,000 and a drawing base of up to 250,000
- Community & Entertainment: great restaurants, local breweries & wineries, miles of hiking & biking trails, museums and performing arts, live music and festivals, boat/kayak access, nearby downhill skiing, networking groups for all ages and interests!
- Schools & Family: outstanding public and private schools, lots of family-centered activities throughout the year, programs for just about every extracurricular interest--sports/arts/music/social
- Housing & Living: several options including downtown city lofts, restored single family homes, nearby suburbs in the country, townhouses centrally located *Cost of living 9% lower than national average
- Learn more at traveldubuque.com and https://youcanbegreathere.com/
Education: Doctorate degree in psychology (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) from an accredited institution. Candidates must be licensed or license eligible as a psychologist in Iowa and eligible to join the National Register of Health Service Psychologists (National Register).
Experience: Completion of a one-year supervised postdoctoral experience that meets criteria for Iowa licensure and National Register membership. Experience in assessment, consultation, and intervention relevant to the position.
Interpersonal Skills: This position requires a high degree of interpersonal skill and necessitates a significant level of diplomacy and integrity. Preferred candidates will demonstrate a strong ability to foster collegiality, respectful discourse, and effective communication (internally and/or externally).
Other Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Values providing compassionate, collaborative, competent care to patients. Willingness to obtain additional training/certifications as needed or to contribute to the development of new services.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Environmental Conditions: None - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.