Posted On 12/01/2023
The Quality Technician utilizes various quality techniques to track, analyze and report on materials, processes and products to ensure they meet the company's quality standards and ISO9001 requirements. Must be detail oriented, resourceful, organized, and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials in accordance with our Supplier Quality policies
- Approve in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approve finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Perform process audits and document inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality databases.
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions, calling for repairs.
- Comply with company's policies, procedures, and quality standards, as well as safety and environmental regulations.
- Investigate issues of product non-conformance and develop corrective action.
- Complete all applicable paperwork. Requires some use of judgment on criteria not easily quantified.
- Measure and interpret technical parameters per customer specifications, or drawings.
- Work with Manufacturing team members to ensure effective inspection and testing procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Read and interpret drawings and schematics.
- Actively manage complex distributor and customer needs and communicate as necessary to the appropriate party.
- Follow-up and problem solving for Quality related issues between departments.
- Effectively communicate with other departments regarding Quality related issues.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with company policies.
- Deliver on the company's commitment to Professional Excellence by communicating effectively with both external and internal customers.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are respective of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be needed to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two years of college or university study in a technical or scientific discipline preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. ASQ certification (any level) a plus. One year of related work experience in a production or quality assurance environment preferred. Efficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access. Ability to handle multiple projects and spreadsheet proficiency. Must have a strong understanding of computers, and software (Microsoft Applications). Must have an understanding of statistical based quality assurance. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills a must. Deadline driven, handle stress and results oriented