Radiology Technologist (Part-Time)
Grand River Medical Group
Posted On 05/23/2023
Position is located in Dubuque, IA
Grand River Medical Group is seeking a motivated Radiology Technologist to work within our Urgent Care. As a Radiology Technologist you will be responsible for performing accurate and high-quality radiographic images to assist the clinicians in diagnosing and treating patients. This includes evaluating images for technical quality, explaining procedures to patients, obtaining patient histories, and taking images per established routines.
The ideal candidate will be committed to working on a team in a fast-paced environment while providing patient-centered, high-quality healthcare. You will be responsible for prioritizing your workload and being able to multi-task while continuing to provide an exceptional patient experience.
This is a part-time position typically working every Wednesday and Friday plus every 5th weekend. Urgent Care is open Monday-Friday, 7:30a-7:00p and Saturday-Sunday, 8:30am-4:00pm.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform general radiography producing quality images under minimal supervision, for interpretation by radiologist.
- Evaluate radiographs/images for technical quality.
- Explain procedures to patient, obtain patient histories, prepare patient and take radiographs/images per established routines.
- Apply radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Look up information, order correct exams and document accurately as needed in the electronic medical record.
- Monitor patient safety and comfort during procedure and initiate life support if necessary.
- Maintain radiography imaging equipment in good condition. Report equipment malfunctions/failures to department manager.
- Maintain accurate charge tickets, verify clinicians have ordered the correct exams in the electronic medical record.
- Great patients, direct them to the waiting area and notify the clinician of their arrival. Assist patient in any way, providing information about the clinic as necessary.
- Answer phones as promptly as possible, route calls to appropriate person, announcing caller when appropriate, take accurate messages if needed, following guidelines related to timeliness, accuracy and process appropriately.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited Radiology Technology program.
- Minimum one year of Radiology Tech experience preferred.
- Must be a certified Radiology Tech ((ARRT)(R)) with an active permit to practice in Iowa - required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification - required.
- Valid Driver's License and proof of insurance - required.
Grand River Medical Group is an independent physician owned practice located in Dubuque, IA. We provide a wide range of healthcare services from primary care to subspecialty care for adults and children. We currently employ over 300 team members who help support the practices and clinical operations of over 65 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistant clinics, our urgent care network, and four dialysis units located in Iowa (Manchester and Dubuque) and Wisconsin (Platteville and Richland Center).
Grand River Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.