Receptionist - Full-Time, 4 Days per Week!
Posted On 12/05/2023
Medical Associates Clinic is hiring a full-time Receptionist to provide customer service to our patients while working in a close team of receptionists, clinical staff, and providers.
This position will require a high attention to detail while working at a fast pace on the computer, phone, and with our patients. Ideal candidates have some experience with insurance processing, office administrative duties, and are known for always providing above and beyond patient/customer service with a smile.
Primary schedule: 8:00am - 5:15pm, working 4 days per week Monday- Friday
Location: Dubuque Health Plaza
Benefits Package Includes:
- Single or Family Health Insurance with discounted premium rates for wellness program participation.
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay + additional annual Profit Sharing
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program (24 days off/year)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage, Short Term Disability Coverage, Dental Insurance, etc.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate effective customer service skills by greeting customers in a polite, prompt, helpful manner, and provide any necessary instructions or directions.
- Communicate clearly with customers via telephone and in person, and relay necessary messages to staff.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, which may include but not limited to: scheduling functions, insurance questions, accepting payments and balancing cash drawer.
- Review, update or obtain customer information making necessary changes to ensure correct billing. Set up new insurance coverage as needed.
- Assist customers with self-service systems as applicable, which may include but not limited to: online patient portals, electronic kiosks, etc.
- Learn the detailed computer, phone, scheduling and registering systems used on a daily basis. Medical Associates provides an in-depth training program for all new employees.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education: Equivalent to a high school diploma or GED.
Experience: From three months to one year of similar or related experience.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussions.
Other Skills: Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. General computer knowledge with proficient keyboarding skills. Multi-line telephone system.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Repetitive Motions - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
None - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.