Regional Safety Lead
Crescent Electric Supply Co
Posted On 12/31/1969
As the Regional Safety Lead at Crescent Electric, you will facilitate and support good safety practices in the Regional Distribution Center (RDC) as well as its serviced territory. A key element of the role is to assist with the training of employees and to help identify safety hazards and apply corrective action to eliminate risks. In this role, you will report to the RDC Manager and work closely with the Environmental Health and Safety leadership team to oversee all safety related aspects of operating both distribution centers and branch warehouses within the RDC’s service area.
- Collaborate with the EHS Department to enhance safety training and education programs for employees. Stay up to date and ensure operations comply with State and Federal health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Work with RDC Manager, RDC Operation Managers, and Field Operation Manager to ensure safety policies and procedures are followed in respective facilities. Review all work procedures and ensure they meet industry safety standards. Apply corrective action(s), as needed.
- Assist the transportation team to ensure DOT compliance with both drivers and vehicles.
- Deliver safety related training for employees on policies, regulations, and procedures as well as train-the-trainer programs. Coordinate and oversee safety committees within the RDC’s service area.
- Ensure all territory employees have completed required safety training upon hire and annually in the learning management system (LMS) by required dates.
- Assist the Corporate Safety Manager to investigate accidents and near-misses. Prepare and file reports for accidents and near-misses, to include required drug testing per company policy.
- Conduct safety audits annually and apply corrective action to address areas for improvement.
- Manage the Emergency Action Plan (EAP) in each location to ensure all employees are aware and understand what to do in the event of an emergency. Function as the point person if a location encounters an emergency.
- Manage Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- In-depth knowledge of safety regulations and the ability to work with and hold peers accountable to good safety practices.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, research skills, and analytical skills.
- Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills.
- Patience and the ability to work in high pressure environments.
- Proficient, comprehensive PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, with the aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with limited oversight.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, HR, or related discipline; 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in an EHS capacity.
- 1+ years of experience working in a training capacity.
- Valid driver's license. Must meet Crescent Electric Supply Company’s requirements to drive as stated in the Driving Company Vehicles policy and found in the Employee Handbook and Policy Manual.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time with overnight stays.
- OSHA 10 or 30 certification, preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA standards.
Total Rewards and Benefits
Crescent Electric's compensation package includes an array of top-tier benefit options, including:
- Eligibility for health, and dental, vision coverage, 401(k) plan, and flexible spending accounts, subject to plan terms.
- Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as life insurance, short-term disability, long-term care, and Employee Assistance Program, subject to applicable waiting periods.
- Excused Absence time off and Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Company-paid holidays.
- Other benefits for which you may be eligible includes supplemental life insurance, hospital indemnity, and accident and critical illness benefits with cancer coverage.
- Eligibility: Employees are eligible for health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Employees who are 21 years of age or older will be automatically enrolled in the company’s 401(k) plan once they achieve 90 days of employment.
Family Owned. Culture of Quality. Opportunities to Advance.
Crescent is transforming and we are on a mission to power the communities we serve through teamwork and relentless customer focus. We have a vision of uncompromising teamwork committed to becoming the industry leader for our employees, suppliers, and shareholders. At Crescent, you will have the opportunity to develop professionally, grow personally and have the flexibility to balance your life's priorities. Let's serve together. Let's power our communities together. Let's become THE industry leaders...together.
Crescent Electric is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. Crescent Electric does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, race, national origin, gender, religion, marital status, disability, veteran, military status, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Veterans and military spouses are highly encouraged to apply. We recognize and value the unique strengths of the military community in supporting our mission to serve those who have served. Candidates are subject to pre-employment assessments, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background checks, references check, and a post-offer drug screen.