Registered Nurse (MS/OB/ER) – Flex with Night Weekend, Full-Time
Grant Regional Health Center
Posted On 06/28/2022
TITLE: Registered Nurse – Flex with Night Weekend
POSITION STATUS/HOURS: Full-time positions .9 FTE (36 hours per week) flex position with a night weekend rotation. Shifts are 5:45 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. or 5:45 p.m. – 6:15 a.m. with every third weekend rotation and every third holiday rotation. Benefit eligible position! May 2022 graduates are encouraged to apply!
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional who provides leadership and direction to the patient care team. The RN performs patient age-specific physical, psychological, and social assessments, formulates a nursing diagnosis, and then develops a plan of care, which includes individualized treatment strategies. The RN manages, organizes, and provides direct patient care incorporating clinical decision making and prioritization of activities. Education of patient’s family and other health care team members is provided by the RN, incorporating health maintenance, disease process, and discharge planning. The RN organizes, within the specified work period, those aspects of care for which he/she is accountable, and coordinates client care with other health team members. Furthermore, the RN is responsible for supervision of other staff, such as nursing assistants and licensed practical nurses.
DUTIES INCLUDE (NOT EXHAUSTIVE LIST):
• Communicates patient information to physician, nurse, or other health care professionals
• Explains nursing techniques and procedures
• Prioritizes patient care responsibilities
• Completes annual equipment competencies as scheduled
• Gives rationale for clinical decisions; engages in critical thinking
• Demonstrates ability to adapt/respond to unexpected or emergency situations
• Develops/implements patient teaching
• Documentation of patient admission and care on electronic medical record
• Inpatient, Observation, Swingbed, Monitor Bed, Outpatient, SDS
• Participates in bedside patient report
• Completes or assists CNA with ADLs
• Barcode medication administration
• IV therapy – Peripheral and central lines
• Monitors labs and diagnostic procedures
• Blood transfusions
• Maintain isolation precautions
• Completes appropriate documentation when transferring patient to surgery
• Completes appropriate transfer documentation – Interfacility
• Notation of patient orders
• Patient education upon discharge – Patient Care Instructions
• Demonstrates leadership skills
• Compliance with health and safety standards and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
• Current RN License in the state of Wisconsin or anticipated graduation from an ADN or BSN program in May 2022.
• Basic Life Support current upon hire, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Telemetry Course required within one year.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidate offered employment will complete criminal background check, health requirements (including drug urine), and credit check as condition of employment.
Internal Applicants: Apply in ADP Career Center prior to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 5, 2022.
External Candidates: Complete our on-line application at https://www.grantregional.com/careers/ and attach a current resume. Students may also apply at https://joinhandshake.com/ using their school log in and attach a current resume. Apply as soon as possible as interviews will begin as qualified candidates are received.