Rehab Assistant Full Time
Unified Therapy Services
Posted On 11/16/2023
The Rehab Assistant is responsible for assistance with patient care as supervised by licensed therapists. The Rehab Assistants are also responsible in assisting with the overall day to day functions of the clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
Cleanliness / Sanitization:
- Assists with overall cleanliness and maintenance of the clinical environment
- Completes all tasks on cleaning calendar
- Completes laundry and dishes for therapy use
- Assists Leadership with clinic walk-throughs outside/inside and completes duties as assigned
- Keeping Maintenance Excel up to date and notifies Office Coordinator/Clinic Director or Leadership Team to contact outside assistance when needed (i.e. Electrician / Plumber / Handy Man)
- Basic repairs of the clinic
- In adverse weather, ensures the safety of our patients and staff by salting and shoveling entry ways.
Provides Therapy Assistance
- Under the supervision of the on-site therapist the RA will assist on-site therapist in providing patient with: exercise plan, warm or cool modalities, ultrasound, iontophoresis and/or electrical stimulation, assisting with equipment usage, other duties as assigned by on-site therapist.
- Completes preparation of requested set up and clean-up of therapeutic equipment.
- Greets patients before entering therapy treatment areas.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the health care team, patient, and family.
- Assists with therapy projects as requested by therapy staff.
Clinic / Office Operations
- Understands and complies with universal precautions, safety, and risk policies and procedures.
- Assists with front desk duties including scheduling, taking payments, referral intake, marketing referral tracking documents in compliance with HIPAA guidelines
- Opens office and closes office as needed, following company procedure
- Prepares mail/ postcards. Updates and follows postcard process.
- Assists with orientation of new staff, volunteers, and students including gym program training.
- Utilizes and maintains office and therapy equipment, requests supplies when necessary.
- Completes shopping for necessary clinical, office, cleaning supplies including postage.
- Performs annual inventory of therapy equipment and updates inventory in Inventory Builder and Excel inventory spread sheet.
- Performs clerical duties such as daily mail, answering phones, taking messages, filing/scanning of various paperwork, faxing, copying, data entry, assisting with discharge audits and filling out forms.
- Communicates effectively with staff to make sure all responsible parties are notified during screens, evaluations, discharges, insurance changes, etc.
- Update MSDS notebook if any new products are bought or if use of product is discontinued.
- Manages expiration dates of all items with limited shelf life
- Assists Administrative staff with team building activities
- Completing or assisting with discharge audits via EMR software or paper for therapy staff.
- Participates actively on assigned clinical committees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and provide written documentation of education, specialized training and/or periodic assessments/reviews. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
High School Diploma and Valid Driver’s License. Full time rehab assistants must obtain their CPR/First Aid certification within the first 90 days of employment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and technical procedures. Ability to write scheduling procedures, correspondences between therapists, and phone messages. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions for staff, patients, group of customers, and employee organizations.
Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, percentages, proportions, range of motion, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger or handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must be able to exert 35 to 50 pounds of force occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or 10 to 15 pounds of force frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.