Research and Development Manager
Sedona Staffing Services
Posted On 11/30/2023
- Provide strategic focus and people leadership for all R&D services required to deliver on R&D priorities.
- Develop and execute the strategic and tactical plans for areas of responsibility including new product development, startups, costs savings, product renovation and sales support.
- Lead, guide, coach and mentor team members. Conduct performance reviews and help develop career plans and professional development for the R&D team members.
- Ensure adequate resources are available for department initiatives.
- Monitor the accomplishments of projects and adherence to timelines, budgets and other performance standards. Implement corrective action when necessary.
- Oversee and prioritize all research and development projects, programs and activities.
- Identify design practices that improve quality and manufacturability of products. Contribute to continuous improvement of process and product quality.
- Research topics including material properties, modern manufacturing processes and machines to minimize cost and labor.Key areas include metal cutting, forming and welding.
- Calculate, assign and measure manufacturing part tolerances.
- Support manufacturing groups through the development of tooling and manufacturing processes to ensure successful new product launch.
- Utilize CAD software to design components and assemblies.
- Develop theoretical models and physical prototypes to complete testing and validation.
- Recommend policy or standard operating procedures and/or changes that pertain to the R&D department.
- BS degree in engineering, technology, manufacturing or a related field is preferred or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- At least 3-5 years of experience managing team members in a professional manufacturing / production environment.
- Professional working experience in Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly principles.
- 3D solid modeling software experience (SolidWorks preferred) with proficiency in 3D modeling and 2D drawing. Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Experience with project scheduling and management of multiple projects
- Experience developing a range of new product innovations.