Retread Production Associate
Thompson Tire & Retread
Posted On 11/07/2022
Thompson Tire & Retread is a local, family-owned, full-service tire business serving customers in Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, and Davenport, Iowa. We serve commercial customers through competitive prices on a wide variety of tire brands and customized tires service, including onsite repairs and 24/7 roadside assistance. Additionally, we have a Goodyear Authorized Retread plant in our Dubuque location that can help our customers save money on their new tires.
This is a full-time position, standard schedule is M-F approximately 7:00AM-3:30PM, occasional overtime expected, but we can be flexible with scheduling for the right candidate (example, 4x10 hour days, early start time, etc.) Pre-employment requirements include a valid driver license, background check and drug screen
Retread Production Associate – First Shift!
The Thompson Tire Production Associate is responsible for the retreading of commercial tires in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work alongside a small, tight-knit team side by side with industry experts
- Complete Thompson on-the-job training and become competent in all workstations of the retread process. No experience necessary, but a desire to learn will help you get up to speed faster
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail are critical in this role
- Check work for accuracy, including assisting other members of the team as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Physical demands of this job are classified as Medium: 10 to 35 pounds of force or lifting frequently, 36 to 50 pounds of force or lifting occasionally, and 51 to 100 pounds of force or lifting seldom.
Why Join Us?
- First shift only, off by 4PM and no nights or weekends!
- Paid holidays and PTO accrual starts on day one.
- Local, family-owned company with family values in everything we do.
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance available the first of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Company paid life insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.
Learn more about us at: www.thompsontireandretread.com
Thompson Truck and Trailer is proud to be an EEO employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for career opportunities at our company.