RN Clinical Informatics Specialist
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
Posted On 10/04/2022
As Needed - PRN
The Clinical Informatics Specialist works closely with leadership, teammates, staff and providers to ensure successful user orientation to the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, standardized process/workflow and clinical application adoption. This role is responsible for quality control, system development and training of the EMR and other related systems.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org .
Development and Education
- Supports the successful implementation, adoption and optimization of assigned applications and workflow processes.
- Assists in providing staff training and onboarding support for assigned applications and sites in collaboration with professional development staff.
- Provides communication and support for updates.
- Assists other sites in the coordination and implementation go-live process or optimization efforts as needed.
- Demonstrates expertise in assigned applications and recommends enhancements based on operational needs.
- Participates in continued education related to assigned applications to identify and implement industry best practices.
- Performs basic data analysis to support system, adoption and optimization initiatives.
- Anticipates reporting needs.
- Provides issue resolution when able and escalates more complex issues as appropriate.
- Collaborates with system informatics team on new initiatives.
- Participates in shared governance committees.
Graduate of accredited nursing program (Must obtain BSN within 5 years of hire)
3 years of prior experience using Epic EMR
- Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa.
- Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
- Epic credentialed/certified preferred
- Area of Interest: Nursing;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.01;
- Department: Strategic Growth;
- Shift: days;
- Job ID: 121015;