UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
Posted On 08/05/2022
We are looking for a PRN staff to help join our Resource department to be a 1:1 sitter with patients. Work hours will vary per need of the department. We will have all shifts (first, second & third) available.
Under the direct supervision of a Nurse, provides basic safety and comfort measures for the patient. Completes documentation as appropriate.
Why UnityPoint Health?'
- Commitment to our Team
Weve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Beckers Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.'
At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.'
Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage youre in.'
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment
Were committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.'
We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.'
- Community Involvement
Be an essential part of our core purpose - to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.'
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/'
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Contributes toward accomplishment of patients Plan of Care goals by providing safety activities as assigned by the nurse.
- Promptly completes documentation of patients care.
- Promotes, monitors and maintains a safe clean environment by assisting with identifying safety needs of patients and modifying the environment to meet these needs, perform light housekeeping functions to maintain a clean, neat and orderly work/patient care area, adhering to established Universal/Standard precautions.
- Provides for efficient operation of unit/department by taking initiative and assuming other responsibilities as needed.
- Contributes effectively to the communication needs of the department by acknowledging patients, healthcare providers and visitors upon arrival to the unit, engaging in collaborative communication, identifying and reporting patient care concerns in a timely manner, practicing excellent telephone etiquette.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Current CPR certification
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
· Knowledge of Telesitter monitors and related equipment.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.