Sales Internship – Great River Learning
Kendall Hunt Publishing Company
Posted On 01/26/2024
Are you a college student looking for flexible hours? Great River Learning is looking for Interns who want to learn about product development from start to finish, and who are interested in pursuing an outside sales position after graduation. In this internship, you will receive sales training and implement basic sales calls. Imagine the fun and excitement of being an investor on Shark Tank. Our sales process is to interview college professors, listen for business potential, and persuade select candidates to work with our company. Wouldn't that be a fun way to acquire new business!? At Great River Learning (GRL) you're in the driver's seat. You work with different colleges and universities in your territory to identify business opportunities, interview professors, and persuade author candidates that have what it takes to become GRL authors. Occasionally, you'll need to beat-out other "sharks" swimming in the same water. We want to partner with talented educators in charge of lower-level, higher-enrollment courses to develop more interactive and engaging materials. Also, if the publication we develop works well locally we have the experience and resources to market it nationally. This position is located in the home office in Dubuque, IA.
In A Typical Work Week as a Sales Intern, You Will...
- Work directly with a Regional Director to plan your week.
- Send emails and make phone calls to schedule meetings.
- Assist with meetings and interviews, identify business opportunities, and recruit select college professors to become GRL authors.
- Follow-up with prospective and existing authors. This includes keeping notes and next steps in our CRM software for all prospective, in-development, and existing publications.
Characteristics of Who GRL Looks For in Sales Interns, You are...
- Someone interested in learning more about a career in sales.
- A top performer that's used to going above and beyond the minimum expectations.
- Competitive, highly organized, and self-driven.
- Someone who sees time as a resource that shouldn't be wasted. You take advantage of time between appointments!
- Someone who possesses enough leadership, motivation and purpose to hold yourself accountable.
- Positive and have a "can do" attitude towards life.
Who We Are
Great River Learning (GRL) is an established, higher education company that focuses on developing engaging publications by integrating videos, animations, and interactive exercises. We see enormous business opportunity because we know most students don't read traditional 900-page textbooks...unless they're cramming for a test. We develop next-generation textbooks that are well designed, interactive, and media-rich. Our employees are driven and passionate about excelling, learning, having fun, and making the world a better place by helping to improve the experience of both college-level students and professors. Learn more by visiting us at www.greatriverlearning.com.
It's More Than Just an Internship!
Come work for our family of companies that strives to be more than just a publishing company. We build more than a community here, we build a family with our employees, and our clients. We will work around your class schedule and extracurricular activities. Our scheduling, and managers, are flexible with you. Plus, we pay our interns! So come learn about how you can grow from an intern to a potential full time hire after graduation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer