Sales Internship – Higher Education
Kendall Hunt Publishing Company
Posted On 08/25/2023
We are looking for Sales Interns for our Higher Education division to develop and improve sales skills, while creating long-term, trusting relationships with our authors. This role is perfect for those who want to gain valuable experience in consultative sales in the publishing world and future careers. Ideal position for college students looking for a flexible schedule during summer and school year. No previous sales or publishing experience necessary! We are looking for coachable, highly motivated individuals. This position is in our home office in Dubuque, Iowa.
Who Is Kendall Hunt Publishing?
Throughout its history, Kendall Hunt Publishing has grown with an emphasis on its employees, fearlessness in innovation, and a strong grip on its values. Today Kendall Hunt continues to expand by growing its number of educational products, creating new companies, and extending its services across the country and beyond. Through diversity and willingness to adapt to the ever-changing publishing industry, Kendall Hunt is a company dedicated to growing with the public to best serve the people of the community.
When you work at Kendall Hunt you immediately notice the collaboration, friendliness, and a sense of purpose amongst our employees. Our customers, students, authors, and other outside contacts are always our top priority. We are constantly uncovering new sales channels for current product lines or finding new products to sell to current customers. Join our team of evolving employees to help us maintain our competitive edge in the industries we serve. www.kendallhunt.com
What Does A Sales Intern In Higher Education Do?
- Work directly with a Managing Editor and Acquisitions Editors to plan your week
- Assist with meetings and interviews, identify business opportunities, and recruit select college professors to become authors
- Generate leads for outside sales through bookstore contacts, author referrals and cold calling
- Proactively work to gain referrals for other potential authors and adopters
- Assist in managing sales and relationships with assigned authors, including up-selling to existing authors to maximize sales
- Initiate and manage revision and reprint process for assigned authors
- Coordinate contracts and production process for revisions
- Follow-up with prospective and existing authors. This includes keeping notes and next steps in our CRM software for all prospective, in-development, and existing publications.
Who Do We Need?
- Someone who is interested in learning more about a career in sales
- You understand the importance of a positive customer experience and what your role is in that overall experience
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and look at your career in terms of growing your business
- You are a great communicator, people person and problem solver
- You are competitive with yourself, and others around you
- Someone who possesses enough leadership, motivation, and purpose to hold yourself accountable
- Sales experiences is not necessary as long as you are coachable
- You are working towards a bachelor's degree in a related field
It's More Than Just an Internship!
Come work for our family of companies that strive to be more than just a publishing company. We build more than a community here, we build a family with our employees, and our clients. We will work around your class schedule and extracurricular activities. Our scheduling, and managers, are flexible with you. Plus, we pay our interns! So come learn about how you can grow from an internship to a potential full time hire after graduation!
If you have good communication and computer skills and would like to find out more about this opportunity, submit your resume!
An Equal Opportunity Employer