Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Weld
Posted On 05/27/2022
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Dubuque
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Weld - 86847
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Weld for John Deere Skid Steer Loader in Dubuque, Iowa, you will….
- Drive continuous improvements working with a cross functional wage and salary team while supporting daily production
- Establishing sequence of events, proper operating method sheets, layouts, tool concepts, part and equipment costs, and quality plans
- Participate in team studies related to capacity, productivity, and efficiency and quality improvement
- Lead Factory Master Plan activities for Skid Steer Welding
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Robotics programming knowledge & experience
- Experience with welding of high strength, low alloy steel
- Understanding of GD&T, Tool Design, & 3D Modeling Practical experience with Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Project management, business planning and capital asset replacements
What Makes You Stand Out
- Understanding of safety critical welded structures and critical asset management
- Experience with shop floor manufacturing and incentive pay systems
- Demonstrated experience effectively interacting and communicating with production employees, supervisors, managers, and other engineers
- Experience using SAP and computer aided design and/or engineering tools (ie: Creo, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Experience leading large strategic projects or large tactical projects
- Experience with line design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance and visual management tools such as simulations and 3D factory
- Experience in PLC logic and trouble shooting
- Work experience in a union environment
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Welding Engineering, Welding Engineering Technology or Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering with Welding Emphasis or equivalent experience.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.