Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Posted On 11/08/2023
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Dubuque
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer - 103702
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Weld & Fabrication for John Deere Dubuque Works located in Dubuque, Iowa, you will be responsible for Welding Engineering & PDP support functions of fabrication. The position of Senior Manufacturing Weld Engineer requires a broad range of knowledge of weld engineering, design, industrial engineering methods, manufacturing processes, and methods/efficiency analysis associated with manufacturing of structural weldment components.
In addition, you will...
- Mentor, develop, and provide guidance to Product Delivery Process (PDP) Weld engineers and support build events in skid steer, crawler, and backhoe fabrication as needed. Building upon current Enterprise PDP processes to develop more robust design solutions and business strategies and integrating them into upcoming PDP programs. Focusing on cost reduction initiatives for all programs.
- Have responsibilities that include robot programming, process automation, project management from design concept to production and production floor support including establishing facility layout, capital purchases, methods of operation, efficient material flow, balancing work between cells, setting time standards and supporting the maintenance and operation of this process.
- Work with structure design engineers to meet design for manufacturing goals and initiatives. Develop tooling and fixturing design and plan and execute budgets for each PDP program and coordinate necessary resources to execute the fabrication and installation of these tools.
- Work with production engineers, supervisors, plant engineering and the production floor and translate current production inputs into PDP processes that meet factory goals for safety, cost, quality, and productivity.
Visa Sponsorship is NOT Available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years Robotics Programming Knowledge & Experience
- 5 or more years’ experience with welding of High Strength, low alloy steel
- Understanding of GD&T, Tool Design, & 3D Modeling Practical experience with Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- 3 or more years of project management, business planning and capital asset replacements
- 5 or more years' experience with line and process design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance and visual management tools
- 5 or more years' experience with SAP and PDM (Product Data Management)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with fabrication Enterprise PDP processes and procedures
- Experience leading large strategic projects or large tactical projects
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance, and facilities
- Experience with line design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance and visual management tools such as simulations and 3D factory
More of What Makes You Stand Out
- Analytical skills in Statistical Process Control for dimensional integrity of weldments
- Knowledge of standard quality tools such as FMEA (Failure Modes Effect Analysis), Root Cause Analysis and Statistics
- Working knowledge of W-Planner or MP Planner
- Understanding of safety critical welded structures and critical asset management
- Experience with shop floor manufacturing and incentive pay systems.
- Work experience in a union environment
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Welding Engineering, Welding Engineering Technology or Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering with Welding Emphasis or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.