Senior Quality Engineer
Posted On 12/01/2023
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimize quality costs and maximize customer satisfaction while ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Responsible for identifying and raising quality issues and for speedily resolving them to ensure zero impact to the customer.
- Support new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds.
- Work with Sales and our Distributors to improve our installation standards, guides and published product standards.
- Work in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that full ensure closed-loop defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements.
- Responsible for multiple highly complex major Quality Improvement projects requiring innovative original solutions where results are key to successful completion of major projects.
General and Task Management
- Manage all customer quality-related issues within the business (e.g. internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty)
- Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards.
- Manage and carry out layered product and process auditing.
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained.
- Implement processes that ensure a full stop production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes with the associated standards clearly documented.
- Work with Product Design to our improve our installation standards, guides and published product standards.
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Modernfold Management system (ISO9001 and 14001)
- Write product test procedures and Control Plans
- Undertake special projects as required
- Develop and oversee advanced training of quality awareness and standards.
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis.
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements.
- Participate in the development and refinement of Process FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
- Lead quality audits
- Undertake special projects as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Independently determine approach and assigned tasks
- Lead and/or support groups of factory associates, technicians and engineers
- Provide guidance to other team members
- Train both team and broader organization members
- Support regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality
- Communicate efficiently throughout the shop floor and with own management
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
Proactively contributes to the team
Is self-aware, resilient, optimistic and open to change
Skills & Attributes:
- Working within the guidance and expectations of the Quality Manager
- Knowledge of quality systems and measurement
- Strong knowledge of:
- Advanced Product Quality Planning(APQP), ○ Production Part Approval Process(PPAP),
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis(FMEA) ○ Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 (Internal auditing experience a plus)
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving, analytical and team working skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS:
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Lean Six-Sigma Green / Blackbelt OR
Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a highly custom manufacturing environment desirable