Five Flags Center
Posted On 01/07/2022
Stagehand work is part-time/on-call labor. Duties will include event set-up, show work, stage tear down or theater performances, rock/country concerts, sporting events, touring shows and other events in the Five Flags Area and Five Flags Theater.
● Load and unload crates and equipment from trucks, which can include handling items that weigh up to several hundred pounds.
● Move, assemble and position scenery.
● Prepare, move, install and operate counterweight fly system.
● Hang, plug, patch, focus and operate stage lighting.
● Operate and maintain Xenon spotlights.
● Prepare properties for use on stage, place stage decorations, and care for stage floor.
● Stage rigging.
● Maintain wardrobe and “dress” performers.
● Maintain area in and around stage.
● Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, supervisor(s) and co-workers.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds repeatedly.
● Ability to work on catwalks and ladders exceeding 15 feet or higher.
● Flexible hours including weekends, nights. Some late night hours will be required.
● Daily starting times will vary depending upon requirements of the days work.
● Will work around other job schedules and school in some cases.
● Work hours are casual, part-time, on call.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Energetic and responsible person, with good people skills and the ability to work with others as a team.
● Maintain attitude of “do whatever it takes.”
● Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
● Experience as a stagehand or in performing various tasks related to stage and theatrical productions preferred.
● Ability to read and write required.
● Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Valid Drivers License or State ID Card and Social Security Card.
● Maintain neat/clean, well-groomed appearance.