Thompson Tire - Service Advisor
Thompson Tire & Retread
Posted On 05/27/2022
Thompson Tire & Retread is a local, family-owned, full-service tire business serving customers in Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, and Davenport, Iowa. We serve commercial customers through competitive prices on a wide variety of tire brands and customized tires service, including onsite repairs and 24/7 roadside assistance. Additionally, we have a Goodyear Authorized Retread plant in our Dubuque location that can help our customers save money on their new tires. The opportunities in this business and within the transportation organization are growing as needs increase!
Thompson is a destination employer looking for team members to join us for the long-haul. We focus on promoting from within and providing career paths - not just jobs. Our leadership team is continually evolving our strategic plan to stay in line with what our customers AND employees want and need.
- Develop and manage customer relationships to identify solutions in the form of tire sales and service.
- Learn and demonstrate strong OEM product and service knowledge including attending off-site training opportunities when available.
- Monitor industry and competitor trends to inform customer communications and prospect strategies.
- Provide excellent customer service, from answering phones, setting up and scheduling desired service, and processing payments upon completion.
- Balance a daily drawer.
- Order inventory as needed and process inventory receivers when necessary.
- Identify and prospect customers by building a network of referrals and utilizing OEM resources that provide opportunities to make new contacts.
- Develop and present sales proposals to prospective and existing customers. Utilize resources creatively to overcome objections that lead to sales growth.
- Develop and manage relationships with customers to translate first time sales into repeat sales.
- Maintain and document accurate sales and customer account information to fulfill legal and compliance requirements.
- Exhibit discretion in solving customer dissatisfaction or escalating to management as needed.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid, insurable driver’s license is preferred but not required
- Frequent reaching, bending, lifting and repetitive motions up to 10 lbs.
- Sedentary work up to 6 hrs. a day
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
Why Join Us?
- First shift only, off by 4PM and no nights or weekends!
- Paid holidays and PTO accrual starts on day one.
- Local, family-owned company with family values in everything we do.
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance available the first of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Company paid life insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.
Thompson Truck & Trailer offers a competitive benefits package the first of the month following 30 days of employment: Group medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays with no waiting period, and tuition reimbursement.
Thompson Truck & Trailer: https://www.thompsontruck.com/
Thompson Tire & Retread: https://www.thompsontireandretread.com/
Visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ThompsonTruckandTrailer/posts/
Thompson Truck and Trailer is proud to be an EEO employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for career opportunities at our company.