Tool and Die Maker
Express Employment Professionals
Posted On 11/21/2023
Express is looking for an experienced Tool and Die Maker for a Peosta company. This is a first shift position, Monday-Friday with some overtime as needed.
- Use sketches, blueprints, specifications and models to plan operations for the fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency
- Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers and micrometers
- Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, jigs and dies
- Design templates and jigs to be used as work aids for convenient fabrication of products and parts
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems and perform adjustments/repairs on tools as necessary, manually operated dies and progressive dies
- Select the appropriate metals and materials to be used based on properties, ensuring they meet project specifications
- Heat Treat of metals and some welding required.
- Changeover of dies per production needs.
- Must have own tools
- Monday-Friday with overtime as needed
- 1st shift
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Journeyman card or equivalent experience
- Proficient with all measuring tools (calipers, micrometers etc.)
- Experience using CAD helpful (AutoCAD and/or Solid works)
- Wire EDM experience helpful
Sound like a good fit? Apply right away!
Not the perfect job for you? Give us a call at 563-583-1600 and we will find a great position just for you.
Remember, there’s never a fee to the job seeker!
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer