Tri-State Surgery Ambulatory Center Administrator/Director
Posted On 12/06/2023
Medical Associates is hiring an Administrator/Clinical Director to run our Tri-State Surgery Center.
Where You Will Be Working:
Tri-State Surgery Center, jointly owned and operated by Medical Associates Clinic and MercyOne Medical Center, is the region's longest-established freestanding facility devoted exclusively to outpatient surgery.
The Center consists of three operating rooms and two specialty procedure rooms and provides a variety of outpatient procedures for patients of all ages. Areas of specialty include ophthalmology, orthopaedics, gastroenterology, gynecology, podiatry, plastic surgery, otolaryngology, urology, and general surgery not requiring overnight stays. Over 6,000 procedures are performed annually at Tri-State Surgery Center.
What You Will Be Doing:
As the Administrator, you will be responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating of all aspects of operations, functions, processes, and performance of the ambulatory surgery center (ASC). You must be an energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented individual with excellent communication skills and be able to positively relate with others in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operational strategy development and implementation of new and existing services, processes, and information systems. Manage negotiations, execution, and control of external surgery center contracts, including ancillary services, maintenance, radiology, lab, and patient engagement. Monitor statistical indicators for clinical and financial performance, reporting on status and industry benchmarks.
- Direct staff selection, training, performance evaluation, and retention for the ASC. Develop and implement performance standards, staffing, and monitoring systems for patient services and inventory management. Collaborate with HR for training, leadership development, and succession planning.
- Manage the ASC's financial performance, assist in annual budget preparation, and monitor facility's financial variances. Collaborate with Finance and Revenue Cycle leaders to ensure internal controls, revenue optimization, expense management, and tax compliance.
- Manage the ASC's relationships with surgeons and Anesthesia providers. Ensure adequate staffing and cost-saving measures, prioritizing patient needs and maintaining schedules efficiently.
- Ensure accurate, compliant coding. Conduct cost analyses, market reviews, and maintain fee schedule with Board approval.
- Maintain quality improvement program for compliance with regulations and quality reporting, ensuring optimal reimbursement.
- Manage ongoing risk management activities, including credentialing, compliance, incident reporting, staff education, and more. Identify and control risk issues, respond to patient complaints directly or delegate as necessary.
- Remain updated on ASC-related healthcare regulatory changes such as reimbursement, legislative issues and business law, and act accordingly in the best interest of the Center. Direct policy development and conduct annual reviews to ensure compliance with changing regulations.
- Coordinate periodic governance meetings with key stakeholders. Prepare Board packets including relevant financial reports, and lead Board meetings. Ensure meeting minutes are recorded and approved. Ensure effective communication methods to maintain best practices for information flow.
- Complete assigned projects and duties. Handle additional clinical leadership responsibilities as assigned. Participate in patient care as needed, as per licensure and competence.
What Skills You Bring:
- Strong leadership skills
- Positive, energetic personality with ability to make quick, tough decisions
- Strong communication skills
- Organization skills, multitasking, and follow-through
Benefits Package Includes:
- Single or Family Health Insurance with discounted premium rates for wellness program participation.
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay) + additional annual Profit Sharing
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program (24 days off/year)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage, Short Term Disability Coverage, Dental Insurance, etc.
Knowledge & Skills:
Education: Bachelors degree required. Masters degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or nursing administration a plus.
Experience: 5-10 years of Administrator experience or related experience.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of trust and diplomacy. Obtaining cooperation (internally and externally) is an important part of the job.
Other Skills: An ambulatory surgery center or business unit leadership background is preferred. Experience in a clinical physician outpatient practice considered a plus. Good written and verbal communication skills, and a strong teamwork orientation are required. Strong analytical and quantitative skills are preferred.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Repetitive Motions - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
None - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.