Vice President of Sales - NSTD
Cottingham & Butler/ SISCO
Posted On 09/18/2023
VP of Sales - NSTD
Cottingham & Butler, the nation’s leading trucking insurance broker, is seeking a Vice President of Sales to join our Transportation Division. This vital role will lead a national sales team of more than 40 insurance professionals who are responsible for delivering $30 million in annual revenue. Primary responsibilities include overseeing the success of the Sales team including new business production, client retention, and producer training. In addition, the VP of Sales will be responsible for setting and achieving business production goals, staff recruitment and development – including geographic expansion, cultivating market relationships, and collaborating with internal teams across the organization. The VP will also monitor sales staff performance, manage expenses, and ensure high service levels across the team. Additionally, this role will oversee sales training programs, refine the value proposition, and collaborate with leaders to establish and execute on strategies to achieve annual goals.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to achieve company revenue and growth targets.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of sales professionals to consistently exceed individual sales activity and performance goals.
- Supervisory responsibilities encompass 40+ Sales Executives and several Sales Managers.
- Assess geographic expansion opportunities as it relates to talent and client needs.
- Gain a strong understanding of the customer experience, satisfaction, and retention.
- Analyze sales data and market trends to make data-driven decisions and adjustments to the sales strategy.
- Collaborate with other departments, including marketing, accounting, program development, and client service, to ensure alignment and support for sales products and initiatives.
- Prepare and present regular sales reports and forecasts to the executive team.
- Stay current on industry trends and competitor activities to maintain a competitive edge.
- Continuously improve sales processes and tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Proven track record of success in a senior sales management role, with at least 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and motivate a high-performing sales team.
- Strong understanding of the insurance industry with specific knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Travel required