WELD TEAM LEAD 2ND SHIFT
Engineering Services and Products Company
Posted On 02/28/2024
ESAPCO, a successful company experiencing continuous growth, is actively seeking individuals to join their leadership team as Second Shift Leaders. The company is making substantial investments in leadership development and is committed to building a robust structure to manage its talented team members. If you possess entry-level leadership skills, are motivated to become a leader, or have a desire to grow into a leadership role, this opportunity may be perfect for you. While prior experience or knowledge of manufacturing/production is preferred, it is not a strict requirement.
- Lead and supervise a team during the second shift, ensuring productivity and efficiency.
- Provide guidance and support to team members, fostering a positive work environment.
- Collaborate with other shift leaders and management to achieve organizational goals.
- Oversee production processes and ensure compliance with quality standards and safety protocols.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to enhance performance and productivity.
- Effectively communicate daily production plan with tier-1 teams.
- Assign staff: move personnel on the floor based on production needs and notify supervisor or manager of needs for staffing.
- Monitor or complete the tier-1 PvA boards on an hourly and/or job basis. Advise supervisor and/or manager of performance issues.
- Identify issues and engage the tier-1 teams in problem resolution and understands when to escalate issues to the supervisor or manager.
- Ensure the continuous flow of production of assigned areas to meet planned output (water-spider activity).
- Provide coaching and facilitate training to develop employees.
- Is the primary 5S zone owner responsible for implementing and improving the level of 5S in assigned areas.
- Assist with the development of standard work and follow standard work procedures.
- Complete audits (safety, 5S, standard work, etc.) and ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Participate in the daily tier-2 meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated entry-level leadership skills or a strong desire to develop leadership capabilities.
- Previous experience in manufacturing or production environments is preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively lead and motivate a team.
- Problem-solving abilities to address challenges and make decisions in a dynamic work setting.
- Experience working with blueprints, engineering drawings or other specifications.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of quality measurement tools.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to foster a positive atmosphere of cooperation and collaboration.
- Some computer experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Two years experience preferred. Must have communication skills appropriate for the job and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is required to be performed inside and outdoors exposed to all sort of weather elements including hot, humid, dry dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside. Noise level is moderate for this position.