WELDER 2ND SHIFT
Engineering Services and Products Company
Posted On 08/30/2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by Welding Engineer or Welding Technician.
- Starts power supply to produce electric current.
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of workpiece.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Welds in flat, horizontal or vertical positions.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Applies filler rod manually to supply weld metal.
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or workpiece.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
- Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarring surfaces.
- Chips off excess weld, slag, and splatter.
- Preheats workpiece with hand torch or heating furnace.
- Positions and clamps workpieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture.
- Tacks assemblies together.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.