Entry Level Welder – 1st Shirt
Zero Zone Inc
Posted On 03/16/2023
Come join our team and be part of the COOL ZONE!!! We are adding an Entry Level Welder to our team!!!
This is a 1st shift position working Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. OT and weekends as needed.
Who Are We?
Have you ever gone into a grocery store or convenience store for things like milk, bagged salads, or frozen pizza? The coolers and freezers you find those and other food products in are what we do!! Zero Zone is a manufacturer of reach-in and open refrigerated and frozen food display cases as well as the refrigeration systems that work behind the scenes to cool the cases, keeping the food fresh! We also make powerful industrial refrigeration systems for food warehousing, pharmaceuticals, and even ice rinks!
Our company is structured across 2 divisions – the Display Case Division, located in North Prairie, WI, Waukesha, WI, Pewaukee, WI and Mukwonago, WI and the Refrigeration Systems Division, located in Ramsey, MN and Dyersville, IA
What Are We Like?
At Zero Zone, you will be a valued member of the Zero Zone team, able to take ownership of your own career path. We believe in hard work, teamwork, collaboration, and respect, and we have grown through dedication to our mission: “To exceed customer expectations through innovation, quality, and responsiveness.” For over 60 years, we have been a leader in refrigeration, and our people are well known for exceptional customer service. We also believe we are the COOLEST coworkers (pun intended)! This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the refrigeration industry with one of the top leading manufacturers in the country! Come grow with us!!
What Can We Offer You?
- Vacation and Personal Hours (after only 30 days!)
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, FSA, EAP)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Steel Toe Reimbursement
- Holidays parties, company lunches, and free coffee
- One-time Home Computer Reimbursement
- And more!
What Will You Do?
As an Entry Level Welder, you will learn to build structural frames for refrigeration systems. This position offers growth potential and the opportunity to cross train in a variety of departments. As an entry level welder, you will receive on-the-job-training, daily guidance, and direction from qualified personnel to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- MIG weld structural frames according to engineered blueprints, while meeting the required structural codes
- Cut structural steel according to blueprints and customer specifications
- Maintain welding tools and equipment. Monitor weld supplies and be proactive to anticipate needs of stock or special-order materials
- Utilize the paint booth to paint structural steel frames with water-based paint
- Assist in optimizing production processes to eliminate waste and promote Lean Manufacturing principles
- Be part of a positive work environment, which consistently achieves its goals and reinforces the team approach with employees.
- Desire to work independently as well as in a team while having a good attitude and communication skills.
What Are We Looking For?
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of you for this position:
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED is required
- Previous welding experience not required but preferred, relevant courses taken in high-school and college will be considered
- Previous manufacturing experience is helpful but not required
- Experience with hand tools, reading documentation (blueprints, weld charts, written instructions/procedures), and measuring tools is preferred
- Position requires you to have mechanical aptitude and the ability to visualize finished product, as well as being detailed and quality oriented, dependable, and self-motivated
- Employee must regularly stand, walk, reach, stoop, lift, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 45 lbs.